A ceramic basin set is typically easy to clean with very minimal maintenance needed. It also does not require toxic cleaning materials and other harsh concoctions; in fact, you can make use of simple cleaning materials found at home for cleaning your ceramic basin.
Things you will need:
- Baking soda
- Sponge or scrub
How to Clean Ceramic Surface
- Remove all the items on and around your ceramic sink such as soap dish and other toiletries.
- Get all your needed materials and place them on the countertop for easy access.
- Put the plug on the sink.
- Sprinkle baking soda on and around your sink with high concentration on areas with mildew, grease marks and lime scale. Put more baking soda on areas where elements are starting to build-up.
- Pour on some white vinegar especially on areas with dirt build-up. Watch until the mixture of baking soda and vinegar sizzles.
- Let it sit for at least five minutes.
- Get the sponge and slowly work your way from the center up to the surface of the ceramic basin. Concentrate on the drain and rim because that is where the concentration of dirt is constantly located. Notice that greasy marks and lime scale will slowly lift from the ceramic’s surface.
- Rinse with tap water.
- Repeat if there are remaining dirt and lime scale.
- Your stylish ceramic basis is now ready for another use.
Some helpful tips:
- Since cleaning stylish ceramic basin sets do not involve harsh ingredients for cleaning, you can involve your kids in cleaning and maintaining the basin. If the basin is too high for their height, you can just let them watch while you clean to avoid accidents and slippage.
- You can also use the same ingredients in cleaning taps. Just make sure that you would rinse the taps and drains with plenty of water since vinegar can cause corrosion when left for too long on metal surface.
- Avoid contact with of vinegar with your eyes. Thus, it is advisable that you wash your hands after cleaning. Kids who would be helping out should remain fully administered by an adult all throughout the duration of cleaning.