Dale and Waters shared how summer seems to be the hardest time for a plus size woman to pick out new wardrobe. This is mainly because of the mass media which has emphasized again and again how slender and thin is the new body standard. Add the constant nagging of family and friends how someone should regulate their body weight. These are just some of the constant reminders plus size women have to bear everyday and how it slowly diminishes their self confidence and self worth. The same is the case when it comes to fashion.
With limited options in the fashion industry, the most common thing that a plus size woman can get is an all black outfit because it is considered a plus size fashion rule. The worst thing is that some brands don’t even carry the plus size in all their clothes. This might not be a big deal for some but it is for these women because it is some way of telling them that they are not fit to wear what is in and what is fashionable.
With this in mind, some plus size women are always careful about what they wear and always make sure they follow the unwritten rule for plus size fashion. This summer, dare to break the rules and make your own. Here are some tips:
– Don’t be afraid to wear shorts just because you think your thigh size is bigger than most. Summer is the best time to wear shorts and denim will only suffocate your legs especially with the high temperature. Buy comfortable and pretty shorts to get that summer look.
– Some would say that you should avoid wearing tops that would bare your arms but it should not be especially during the summer. It will not only help you feel cooler, you can also wear that sleeveless top that you like.
– Stop wearing black because it will only add up to the summer heat. Experiment with summer colors and make yourself stand out this summer.
– If you want to wear that crop top then go for it. They were not designed for skinny women alone.
– Be bold when choosing prints for your outfit. This is the time to add some summer patterns into your wardrobe.
– Lastly, don’t be afraid to show off that bikini. It is summer after all and you should enjoy just as much as other women do.